09 January 2013

Christmas 2012

Another frugal Christmas lead to me hand knitting all of our Christmas presents. Beanies, bobble hats, wristwarmers and cowls. This Christmas project also allowed me to use up a lot of the yarn that I've had lying around for years and years...

I forgot to photograph everything before wrapping, but I have a few pictures. Here are two of the 4 bobble hats I knitted for my little nephews.


Here are the first few beanies I knitted for the menfolk of the family. I think I'm missing 4 images here, eventually I'll fill in the gaps!!


Below is a close up of one of my favourite colour combinations, I love the texture created using all the different yarns mixed together. ( Also a good way to use up finer yarns)


I used a similar colour palette for Jane's wrist warmers in a moss stitch to create texture and interest.


Pink wrist warmers for Lis (her favourite colour)


My new exploration was into headbands / head warmers. Easy and quick to knit but very practical and cute. I embellished them all differently, some with crochet flowers, some with buttons, some just using a few different colours.



The last images are of cowls that I knitted for Lars' (hubby) sister and mother in Michigan. I hope they will send me photos of them being warn soon so I can incorporate them into this post.



We had a few people round on Christmas Eve and exchanged gifts then. I managed to get a picture of everyone in their Christmas presents - a bit blurry - but I'll replace it with a better one at a later date.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

back row: Dan, Lars, Jane, Merlin, Chris
seated: Ivor, George, Maisie










No comments:

Post a Comment